ALACE (The Association of Labor Assistants and ChildBirth Educators) is a Non-profit educational organization which is commited to supporting women's choices in childbirth
(formerly Maternity Center Association) provides trusted pregnancy and childbirth guidance to women and their families
Citizens for Midwifery is the only national consumer-based group promoting the Midwives Model of Care. CfM works to provide information and resources that promote the local midwife, as well as midwives and midwifery care across the country
DONA is the acronym for Doulas of North America, an international association of doulas who are trained to provide the highest quality emotional, physical and educational support to women and their families during childbirth and postpartum.
International Cesarean Awareness Network
Founded in 1988, Waterbirth International was created to facilitate maternity care reform by helping parents and practitioners institute policies for the use of warm water immersion during labor.
Chicago Area Links
- The Art of Breastfeeding (www.artofbreastfeeding.com)
- Be By Baby (www.bebybaby.com)
- BirthLink (www.birthlink.com)
- Bloom Yoga Studio (www.bloomyogastudio.com)
- Chicago Community Midwives (www.chicagocommunitymidwives.org)
- Chicago Women’s Health Center (www.chicagowomenshealthcenter.org)
- Illinois Families for Midwives (http://home.earthlink.net/~birthnews/)
- Chicago Volunteer Doulas (http://www.chicagovolunteerdoulas.com)